LITHIUM & BATTERY TECHNOLOGY INDEX CRITERIA
CONSTITUENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
In order to be eligible for inclusion in the index, companies must meet the following conditions:
- Publicly traded companies engaged in the development and production of lithium battery technology and/or battery storage solutions; the exploration, production, development, processing, and/or recycling of the materials and metals used in lithium battery chemistries such as Lithium, Cobalt, Nickel, Manganese, Vanadium and/or Graphite; and/or the development and production of electric vehicles.
- The Index seeks to provide exposure to global companies associated with the development, production and use of lithium battery technology including:
- Companies deriving more than 50% of their revenue from the development and production of lithium battery technologies and/or battery storagesolutions;
- Companies in the battery materials supply chain that demonstrate a verifiable beneficial interest in lithium battery technology as verified by one of the following factors:
• 50% revenue or profit derived from the mining activity or metal processing, operations, contracts, and/or projects utilized in lithium battery chemistries, and/or
• global market share in the top five or at least 10% of global market share of any lithium battery metal utilized in the lithium battery chemistry that represents a primary source of revenue and/or net income for the company.
- Companiesderiving more than 90% of their revenue from the development and production of electric vehicles.
- Listing on a regulated stock exchange in the form of shares tradable for foreign investors without restrictions.
- Market capitalization of at least 250 million USD at time of purchase, and above $200 million USD at time of reconstitution.
- Average daily traded value of at least 1,000,000 USD over the last six months at time of purchase, or adequate constituent liquidity and accessibility for an exchange listed product as determined by the Index Provider.
- Adequate constituent liquidity and accessibility for an exchange listed product as determined by the Index Provider.
- Non-US companies will be U.S. exchange traded ADR versions if available, provided their liquidity is comparable to locally traded shares.
- The only allowable industry concentrations will be in the battery metals and mining industry classified under the diversified metals & mining GICS sub-industry grouping and/or GICS materials industry group.