The index selection process selects equities for the selection pool that meet the following conditions as determined the Index Provider. Securities are selected based on the following criteria:
• Equities listed on a U.S stock exchange, excluding Over-the-Counter listed companies and including U.S. exchange listed ADR versions.
• Non-US domiciled companies, including Emerging Markets, eligible for inclusion only as U.S.-traded ADRs.
• Companies must derive the majority of their operating revenue from one of the following business categories:
Betting – Casinos, gaming, and online gaming operations;
Alcohol/Cannabis – Alcoholic beverage manufacturing and distribution and/or cannabis cultivation and sales.
Drugs – Pharmaceutical and biotechnology product development and manufacturing.
• The Index Provider utilizes issuer financial statements and other public filings and reports, as well as third-party industry research, reports, and analyses, to identify companies in business categories that meet the Index’s criteria for inclusion.
• Minimum market capitalization of least $10 billion USD for new component companies in the Drug category, with a minimum market capitalization of $5 billion USD for existing component companies.
• Minimum market capitalization of least $1 billion USD for new component companies in the Betting and Alcohol/Cannabis categories, with a minimum market capitalization of $500 million USD for existing component companies.
• Average daily traded value of at least $1 million USD over the last 6 months
• Maximum weight of Cannabis components not to exceed 10% in aggregate at time of adjustment.
• Number of biotechnology components limited to the top by market capitalization.