The index selection process selects equities for the selection pool that meet the following conditions as determined the Index Provider:
- Significant business operations in one of three online retail business segments: online retail, online travel, online marketplace.
- At least 70% of revenues should be derived from online and/or virtual business transactions as opposed to brick and mortar and/or in-store transactions.
- Listing on a regulated stock exchange in the form of shares tradable for foreign investors without restrictions.
- Market capitalization of at least 300 million USD.
- Minimum price at time of purchase of $5 per share USD.
- Average daily trading volume of at least 2,000,000 USD over the last six months.
- Adequate constituent liquidity and accessibility for an exchange listed product as determined by the Index Provider.
- Non-US companies will be U.S. exchange traded ADR versions if available, assuming they meet liquidity requirements, otherwise local shares will be utilized that meet the listing requirements and satisfy the continuing analysis of liquidity.
- No local shares, only ADRs, will be held for companies domiciled in emerging markets or those listed on small regional exchanges.
The daily price and return of the EQM Online Retail Index (IBUYXT) is calculated and published by Solactive AG, a leading index developer, and calculation/publication agent for the ETP industry.
The EQM Online Retail Index has been licensed to Amplify ETFs. For information, click here.
The EQM Online Retail Index is an EQM Indexes created index. Please email inquiries to email@example.com.
Quotes for the EQM Online Retail Index can be found each day under the symbol IBUYXT on Bloomberg, on Reuters as .IBUYXT, on the www.eqmindexes.com website and from other financial data providers. Quotes, returns, historical prices, and constituent weightings will also be updated daily on www.eqmindexes.com.
The company did not meet the selection criteria when the index was last reconstituted. Companies that now meet index selection criteria will become candidates for inclusion at the next reconstitution date.
Eligible initial public offerings will be considered for inclusion on the index’s next scheduled semi-annual reconstitution date. In the event of an IPO which the index committee deems has “high importance” for the EQM Online Retail Index, the index committee can decide to include these companies on an extraordinary adjustment event basis.
If an index component’s stock is discontinued due to a merger or acquisition, the index committee may, at its sole discretion, replace the discontinued component at the time of discontinuation if more than 30 calendar days remain until the next reconstitution date. The discontinued component will either be deleted entirely or be replaced with the next eligible security from a reserve list. The replacement will be given the appropriate weighting given the securities country of domicile. If there are not more than 30 calendar days remaining until the next reconstitution date, the index committee will wait until the next reconstitution date to make the replacement. In this scenario, any funds received from the discontinued security will be distributed to the remaining index components pro rata.
The index is rebalanced semi-annually and is scheduled for reconstitution on the second Wednesday of May and November.
The index follows a modified equal weighted methodology. Constituent weightings are “modified” in that each constituent’s weighting is based on the limitations of its respective pool. Once index constituents are determined, they are divided into two separate pools: US based companies and International companies. The US pool must equal at least 75% of the index. Accordingly the International pool may equal no more than 25% of the index.